My Beef With Ann Coulter by Meghan McCain

From: The Daily Beast
It is no secret that being a Republican isn’t the most hip political stance a person can take right now. President Obama has successfully established himself as the hippest politician around. You know you’re big when Katy Perry wears a dress with your face on it to host the MTV Europe Music Awards. To my fellow Republicans: I’m sorry, I wish I could be more positive about the current “hipness” of our party. But being a Republican is about as edgy as Donny Osmond. Granted, being “hip” is not a reason to join a political party, or a reason to agree with its ideals. But it is a way to get the attention of a generation—or, more specifically, my generation.
Continued...

My Comments:
W00t GOP cat fight!
Sorry, couldn't resist saying it. But really, more signs of republican fissures and infighting. I really do think that the meltdown of the GOP will open the door to additional political parties becoming viable in our system. Because really, only having 2 parties is NOT good for democracy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archives